Saturday, July 9, 2011

Model Interview: Lady Noctis

Lady Noctis is a petite creative model with big ambitions of exploring the world through the eyes of art. An illustrator with a penchant for comic books and a ‘small’ obsession with a character Harley Quinn. She has always been an artist of illustrative contradictions and can be found using a bright palette which is a contrast to her quirky style and dark subject matters. Lady Noctis is currently completed a BA (hons) General Illustration in Swansea.




What is the story behind your model alias?

The name came about due to the fact I wanted an alias for my artwork, when I first started university I tended to be more creative at night; so I thought of having a name that could be associated with this aspect of my creative flow. I came across the word Nox which is Roman for night, but after researching the name I discovered it was a name used for a company within computing; so researched other names for night and came across Noctis which is latin for "Of The Night". Thus came about the birth of Lady Noctis.

How did you get your start in the modeling business?

I took part in a local group shoot that a Swansea based model was arranging which was based on the film classing Labyrinth, she advertised she was looking for non-models so I enquired as I am a huge fan of the movie. It was an incredible experience and I made some very dear friends; in addition to this the shoot ended up being published in Alt Fashion magazine then it just grew from there.






You are currently completing a BA (hons) General Illustration, what is your favourite part of the course?

As cliche as this may sound, I cannot say sum my time up on the course to one favourite thing. I got to do a degree in the thing I love most and be creative 24/7. Everything about the course was a joy, the experience, the art, the friends I made.... just everything.

What inspires you as an artist?

I am highly inspired by the Victorian era, the emotions of one's individual state, dark romanticism and all things timeless.





You mentioned that you have a soft spot for anime, has that influenced you as an illustrator?

Most people assume it has, but the truth is I am not influenced by anime at all, I am influenced by the artist/illustrations I adore; such as Dali, Tara Mcpherson, Mark Ryden, Dave McKean, Escher, the list just goes on and on.

You mentioned you liked comic books, who is your favourite character?

Everyone who knows me knows this answer: Harley Quinn (but Harley Quinn before the D.C reboot that is taking place)






What can we expect from you in 2011?

Currently, my art has taken over at the moment with an exhibition in London and merchandise in production such as t-shirts, necklaces etc. Modelling wise, I have a few things lined up but due to being in the process of moving out of Wales and down to Southampton I haven't been able to book as many shoots as I would like but I have a few projects in the pipeline. So keep an eye out for them.

See more of Lady Noctis:
Website
Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment