Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Interview Part 10: Introducing Kitter LaGore



How did the name Kitter LaGore come about?

"Kitter" is an old pet name an ex gave to me when I was 19. The years that followed afterward were some of the darkest days of my life. I was surrounded by a lot of negativity and totally lost touch with who I really was. My spirit was essentially dead, and a few people told me I would never amount to anything. I had a big wake up call, picked myself up and moved on with my life. I choose to stick with Kitter because to this day, some of my close friends still refer to me as that and I figured it is a very fitting tribute to that part of myself that I figuratively laid to rest some years ago. It is my quite way of saying "Yes, I can be something and I will be something, regardless of what anyone says." The "LaGore" is because I wanted something girly yet creepy, much like myself!



If your photo set was part of a story, what would that story be telling?

I was on the verge of a meltdown when this idea came to me! The story I wanted to tell was one of a person just having enough. Reaching a point of no return, and going ever so mad and insane as politely as possible. The whole time Alice was in Wonderland, she thought everyone was absolutely insane. She had to navigate her way through the madness to get back home. So many aspects of my life, I say to myself "Is this seriously reality? This is really happening??" Doing this photo set was a therapeutic release. I was able to go crazy and insane, sip the blood of evil doers and have a nice debate with my teddy bear friend!



What do you find appealing about horror/gore?

I love the adrenaline rush I get while watching a great horror movie. It amuses me as to how some people have such a grossed out and frightened perception of gore. Apparently, I made someone sick to their stomach with my "Mad Alice" photo set. They said they were disturbed and distracted by the amount of blood. They were also shocked that I took that as a compliment. 



Is Halloween your favorite holiday? If so, why? If not, why not?

YES! Halloween has been my favorite holiday for a long time! It is the one night where you can pick whatever it is that you want to be, and just be it. You can totally lose yourself in a character. Plus I love eating gobs of candy, and being a wretched little deviant!


What are your plans for this Halloween?

Nothing official as of yet. Most likely surrounding myself with good friends, good music and some good times. I am hoping to have the same pleasure of walking around in public places with no pants on as I did last year!



ALL Photos by: Fernando Ulloa Jr.

Click here for more from this set.

WANT MORE ON KITTER?
VISIT:

No comments:

Post a Comment