Sunday, February 13, 2011

Model Interviews: Part 2 of 2, Ruby Jewel, Trioblóid, & Ashley Franci

So here is part 2 of this weeks model interviews, featuring Ruby Jewel, Triobloid, & Ashley Franci. First up is Ruby Jewel, a model who produces both innovative and creative photos. Whether it is portraying a ghost in a abandoned asylum or a pinup shot in a studio, Ruby Jewels photos are not to be missed.

DeclineGothica, Dave Charsley

Photographer: Rich Swash

What's the story behind your model alias?

It took me a long time to work out what I was going to call myself, but I am a fan of country music and I came across a song about a child prostitute who gets hung for murder called ruby jewel, and I thought that would be perfect


What can we expect from you in 2011?

As soon as the weather warms up i'm going to be looking to do more exciting location shoots, I'll be hopefully doing more as a Bizarre UltraVixen, i am in this years cover girl contest, I have a feature coming out later in the year with www.albinojacks.com and willl also be appearing alot more on www.declinegothica.com


What would be your dream shoot?

There are soo many, last year I managed to achive my dream shoot of a fetish shoot in an abandoned Asylum and have now done 3 or 4 of them with an incredibly talented photographer, so now I've managed that I guess my dream shoot at the moment would be a medical themed shoot with Latex and needles.

Rich Swash 



What drew you to alternative modeling?

Dressing up! I have always been a huge lover of costumes and dressing up, and I have always been drawn to the darker things in life so it seemed to come natrually, I never really decided to do alt modelling, it just sort of happened, and now its like breathing to me, I couldn't live without it.

DeclineGothica, Dave Charsley

Tom Whittaker

Rich Swash 


Is there anything you would like to promote?

I would like to promote a fab new site www.albinojacks.com where I have a full feature coming out in April, the site has monthly features starting this month and I think what they are doing is fantastic, really, genuinly creative stuff, not just tits and arse or an alt version of nuts, this is real alternative modelling at its best.

Rich Swash 

Rich Swash 

Chris Lee Yarwood




Triobloid is a colorful model full of potential. Through her photos you can easily see her fun and energetic nature, something that I think all photographers will find refreshing. 


What's the story behind your model alias?

Well for a wee while now people that have met me have referred to me as "trouble", but having searched various model sites and pages I discovered that there were already other girls using this as their alais, so as my dad's Irish, making me part Irish I thought I would look up trouble in Irish Gealic, and so Triobloid was discovered xD


What can we expect from you in 2011?

As of yet im not too sure, I have recently started pole dancing as an excersise form and I'm hoping that this, coupled with healthier eating, will lead to that slimmer body that I dream of, and this of course will lead to me having more self confidence to be able to possibly work with latex and similar fabrics, as well as more underwear stuff.

What would be your dream shoot?

Something spectacular, subtly sexy and full of attitude, not not entirely sure exactly what just yet, I'll let you know when I do. 

What drew you to alternative modeling?

Well, I have always had pretty low self confidence and believe it or not I still do, but a friend of mine often attends open evenings and such at a local studio and I just thought to myself "why not, maybe it'll help me feel better about myself as a whole" and it really has! I have always also been rather envious of all the alt models that I see amazing pictures of and have always been one of those "oh if I was only pretty/skinny/confident enough" kinda girls, but sometimes you just have to make that jump from wishing and dreaming to actually doing! 

Is there anything you would like to promote?

Anything me really, dreads, tattoo, piercings and fun xD
I would just love to be "the face" of something, as it were, the one person everyone thinks of when its mentioned, thats the dream, wish me luck xD




Ashley Franci is up next and what better way to learn about her then from the lady herself.

GratefullyWicked 


I am 21 years old and live with my husband north of Dallas, TX.
 
I have only been modeling since July 2010. It was actually kind of an accident! I won a photoshoot in May with Wert Whirl in San Antonio, TX for a 1940s potrait shoot. My husband has always loved pin ups, so we decided while we were there to get some more pictures done. I got really great feedback from the photographer and makeup artist, and had a total blast during the shoot. When I got the photos back, I posted them on Facebook and everyone else loved them just as much as I did. I then posted them on Model Mayhem, just to see where it would go. It's all uphill from there! I've gotten the opportunity to work with some amazing photographers and artists, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I specialize in pin up and old hollywood glamour modeling, but I can pull off just about anything! I like shooting things out of the ordinary, that grab people's attention. Modeling is definitely art to me, and I love it. I have two large tattoos that cover a good portion of each of my upper arms, and a few smaller ones strategically placed. Hopefully more coming soon!

Warren Harris
What's the story behind your model alias? 
I don't have one! Ashley Franci is my real, married name. I couldn't think of anything good for an alias, so you get my boring name!
 
What can we expect from you in 2011?
Quite a bit, I hope! I've already been featured in a few publications so far this year, and I bet you'll see much more of me. I'm a shameless self-promoter, so get ready!
 
What would be your dream shoot? 
There are so many I'd like to do... But I think I'll keep that myself, for creativity and orginality's sake! 
What drew you to alternative modeling?
With my tattoos, there's not really anywhere else I fit. I also don't want to feel like I fit any one thing too much. I like to do my own thing, and don't want to feel limited.
 
 
Is there anything you would like to promote? 
Just my website. Anything and everything you need to know, including credits, can be found there!

TLC Family Photography

TLC Family Photography
Links pertaining to Ashley's Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment