Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Model Interview: Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat is an 18-year-old alternative model, who first began modeling to help out some friends with an art project, then grew to be an obsession. She fell in love with modeling instantly at the age of 15, when she was hired for BizR Babes as a model and photographer. Kitty Kat’s career grew from there and she has now been published in over 5 magazines including a cover and spread in Wink Magazine and has been interviewed on the television show Zombie Etiquette. Kitty Kat plans to continue modeling and expanding her portfolio to promote herself as an artist/tattooist/model and photographer.




You are an alternative model as well as a photographer, which were you first interested in?


Photography definitely came to me first. That was a passion I've had for as long as I could remember. I kind of stumbled upon alternative modeling by accident. A friend asked me to pose for photos for them as a favor, and when we posted them we got a huge response. It all just came about from that.

Your speciality is oil painting, what has been your favourite piece that you have created?


My favorite oil painting I've ever done has to be a portrait I painted of my friend/fellow model Genna Bee. It's one out of a series I did of female models lit from underneath. I feel like I finally got the value of that piece right and it radiates the energy I wanted it to. It was such a success people have offered hundreds to buy it, but I can't part with it yet!




You are selling your traditional artworks, the original and the prints. How can we find out more info?


You can e-mail me for any information regarding artwork prices/sales at: konekosan113@yahoo.com All of the photos are posted on my facebook page. I really just need to put together money for art college. I'm one of those starving artist types.

You are a body modification enthusiast, how many piercings do you have?


I have 22 piercings total. 5 of those are dermals implants.






Do love horror films, which is your favourite?


My favorite although it's not considered horror is Repo! The Genetic Opera. It's a modern cult classic it is!

You run the Paper Dolls, tell us about that.


Paper Doll's was a modeling site back in the MySpace days. It featured models such as Razor Candi, Asphyxia, and Fiction. Then my life got super busy when I started working for the BizR Babes and I kind of haven't checked the site since. I plan on possibly bringing it into the FB world... I just haven't gotten to it quite yet.





What can we expect from you for the remainder of 2011?


Lots of photoshoots and lots of great photo edits. I really want to get back in the groove of shooting and modeling now that I've moved and settled in where I'm at. So expect some crazy things for the end of '11. Photoshoots with sword swallowers and scorpions! It'll be fantastic.

Do you have anything that you would like to add or promote?


Check out my facebook page for artwork/photos/interviews/in-progress work. and keep in touch! I answer every notification I get on both my Facebook accounts!






















No comments:

Post a Comment