Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Model Interview: Alexiel Sama

Alexiel Sama is a flame haired beaut with devilish good taste… kinkily inked, individual and proud and not your average girl. With a goddess-like demeanor she perfects her pose with her piercing eyes. A split personality effortlessly mixed, from corseted fiend to retro pussycat.


What is the story behind your model alias?

Alexiel is my real name and Sama is Japanese honorific, I use it in a bit of a tongue in cheek fashion for example: ore-sama (俺様 "my esteemed self") So as not to appear arrogant to those who, like myself follow and enjoy Japanese culture.

What drew you to alternative modeling?

I have always been an alternative girl, I never really labelled myself as anything, I just took different parts of my personality and interests and rolled it into one, which sounds like a bit of a mish-mash but it somehow works! So, alternative modelling seemed like a natural choice.




How did you get your start in the modeling business?

I have never really considered myself to be pretty or attractive, but a good friend of mine had j ust started her own alternative modelling agency and was scouting for girls to join. I didn't have any professional photo's, just a few I'd taken myself whilst messing around and posted on myspace. She contacted me and asked if I had ever considered modelling. I spent a good few weeks trying to convince her that I wouldn't be any good and that I wouldn't bring anything special to her agency and she convinced me to have a shoot and just go for it. I'm glad she convinced me otherwise as I really enjoyed it and have slowly built up my self esteem over the past few years, I will be forever grateful to her for giving me that push.

If you could give one piece of advice to someone interested in becoming a model what would that be?

Don't assume you have to be super skinny to be an alternative model, I'm above UK average and I'm doing just fine. Also, speak with experienced models, find out which photographers they have worked with and have a trusting working relationship with, there are plenty of guys (and girls) out there that are far from professional. And finally when you go to your first shoot, make sure you take someone with you, mostly for support but also because it's safer.




What would be your dream shoot?

My dream shoot? I have always wanted to do something very artistic and stylised, something out of the norm. Beautiful head dresses, surreal make-up and gorgeous outfits. I know that sounds pretty vague but I just want something artistic and interesting.

Other than modeling, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I read an awful lot, I've been known to have two or three books on the go at once, I also love singing, listening to music and playing video games. My other interest is horror movies, the more gore the better!



What can we expect from you in 2011?

I have a few ideas rolling around my head for shoots, I'd love to do a zombie or gore shoot, I'm also looking for a photographer who is a whizz with photoshop to do a fire and ice themed shoot. Hopefully more artistic and highly styled than what I usually do.

Do you have anything that you would like to add or promote?

Yes, never be afraid to put yourself out there. If modelling is something you want to do then don't be afraid to try it. Only do what you are comfortable with and enjoy the experience whether it is just a hobby or something you want to do full time.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has supported me this last year, it has been a difficult one and with out my close friends and my boyfriend Spooky x13x I wouldn't have gotten through it.

I also think you should check out these talented photographers:


Earl Barton.
Alternography Emporium.
Victor Kurzweil.
Kitty Diablo..
Paul Moore. .


You can find Alexiel Sama on:
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr

TAMD album

No comments:

Post a Comment