Thursday, June 16, 2011

Model Interview: Spooky x13x

Spooky x13x is an avid console gamer, mainly XBox and PS3 but he also has a wii that he plans to play more. He likes anime films and any kind of gory or "sick" films and is still waiting to find the film that will shock him. Spooky x13x favourite music is industrial metal and JRock/JPop which has also lead him to discover Visual Kei... oh and he also spends time with a camera pointed in his face



What is the story behind your model alias?
It goes back many, many moons ago when I was about 15 and met a friend’s parent for the first time and was later told that they said I was a "spooky kid". The 13 just came about as it is considered bad luck but I have had many good things happen to me involving the number 13... irony? The x's on my name came from when I used to have an X on my forehead as part of my make-up when I went out and eventually mutated as it were into x13x. Sounds strange but the x's are silent when you say my name, you pronounce it as Spooky 13 but write it as Spooky x13x it just feels right is all.

How did you get your start in the modeling business?
I fell into it, just goes back to myspace when I used to get bored and take random snaps of me in different types of make up before going out and it got noticed by the right person... I think they may have been a bit biased to get me into modeling as we are now a couple and have been for a year and half.




If you could give one piece of advice to any males interested in becoming a model what would that be?
Simple as the advice I would give to anyone and that is Go For It! There are a lot of photographers out there who will do TFP and I have had the chance to work with a few in my area, just approach people and ask if they are up for doing a shoot. I look through facebook and other social networking sites and see people that have just taken snap shots of themselves and you can see that they are photogenic but they don't see it, have to admit I took a bit of encouraging to have my first shoot... and I urge more guys to give it a go.


You mentioned you’re a gamer- xbox or ps3 or wii?
I game on all 3 consoles, not so much the XBox at the moment as I recently suffered the Red Ring Of Death, so that machine is waiting to be replaced. If you want to add me on the PS3 feel free my username is- SPOOKYx13x and I can mostly be found on Battlefield 2 at the moment but I'm up for most games and I also like to spend time on Home.






What is one thing that most people don't know about you?
If I told you that then you will all know, got to keep some things hush hush ;) OK so some people I know already know this but I'm sure most people here do not... I have a tattoo on my right bum cheek, as for what it is well that will still be a mystery for you... unless I get drunk in a pub, it sometimes makes an appearance.



You mentioned you like ‘gory’ films, which is your all time favourite?
Oh that's harsh there is no way I can narrow it down to just one ? I love pretty much any Asian horror but some of it is hard to track down here in the UK. I have one film that I love and that's Tokyo Gore Police as it can be so funny but has some great gore in it and the mock adverts they made make want to join their police force.




Do you want to change how people view alternative modelling?
I'm not sure how to answer this? I shall just go with different people like different things, I'm not "good looking" in the conventional mainstream sense but I do have a "look" and alternative is such a large area now covering various different styles which are rapidly growing and I applaud the people that are making it in this field... heck we even had Zombie Boy in a Lady GaGa music video so I hope this is the start that alternative will not be alternative as such much longer.



What can we expect from you in 2011?
I am on a bit of a break at the moment due to recent redundancy from work but was involved in a photo shoot for a charity which made me realise how much I enjoyed and missed the camera... so I have a few ideas lined up, I shall give you a bit to go on with this "Are You Ready For A The Zombie Apocalypse". I am also working on a few art projects but they are in the early stages of design, I can say that what I am working on is 3D and will hang on a wall.





Do you have anything that you would like to add or promote?
As I mentioned I am on a bit of a break at the moment but new pictures and other creative type things are on the way so stay tuned in...

I have recently worked with
Earl Barton who is an awesome photographer.

I've worked with Steve Foster a few times who produces great work.




You can find Spooky x13x on:
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment